Washington Square


‘No, I will never speak to Mr Townsend agin,’ the doctor replied. ‘And Iwiil never change my mind. Tell him that! You want to marry him. Very well! Marry him now. Or marry him after my death. But Mr Townsend will never have my money. I’ll give it to a hospital. Tell him that, Catherine.(p, 36)


     Catherine is a daughter of a doctor and she was loved by her father very much, but she wasn’t interesting and she wasn’t beautiful like other giarls. One night, she met a young handsome man, Morris, at a party and they fell in love. They wanted to marry, but her father didn’t forgive it. The reason was he thought Morris’ real aim was his daughter’s money. So he never  forgave their marriage and said Catherine that his money will be given to a hospital after his death if they are married.
     I thought father was a difficult role, because his happiness is not always the dautghter’s happiness. All fathers who love their daughter want her to marry with her dearest man, but they think about the daughter can be happy when she marriage with the man at the same time. I thought the father in this story very strict and cruel, but his love for Catherine is very deep. It was hard for me to read this book because it was too long, but this book let me think about my father.



H, James. (2005). Washington Square. Oxford;UK. Macmillan.


「Washington Square 本」の画像検索結果

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Les Mise'rables

HENRY AND MUDGE and the Tall Tree House