The Stolen White Elephant


The detectives send their reports every hour. Each one is sure he is following the elephant, but no one catches it. (P, 52)

     A white elephant was send to the England’s queen as a royal present from Siam. However, on the way to the England, the elephant was stolen by someone. Inspector Blunt who was asked the deliverer to find the elephant discover the elephant at last. But the elephant was dead because of hunger.
     I chose this book because it was written by the famous author, Mark Twain. I had known his great works such as “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” and “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn,” but I didn’t know this book until I read. The story was different from that I had expected. When I read the scene that the elephant was dead because of hunger, I remember a Japanese book named “Faithful Elephants” written by Yukio Tsuchiya. The death of living things is very sad because I had kept a dog. This book told me the importance of lives again, so I want to take care properly if I get a chance to have animals.






M, Twain. (2007). The Stolen White Elephant. Oxford;UK. Helbling.



「The Stolen White Elephant 本」の画像検索結果

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Les Mise'rables

HENRY AND MUDGE and the Tall Tree House