The Last Leaf and Other Stories

‘There are only five leaves on the vine now,’said Johsny. ‘ The last leaf will fall soon and then L’ll die. Did’t the doctor tell you about the leaves?’ (P, 26)



Sue and Johnsy were artist. In December, Johnsy had heavy pneumonia because it was so cold. Sue cared for her very hard, but she losted her energy to live. Then she started to count the number of the leaves of the vine which she could see from her bed room and said the line. However, the last leaf would’t fall even though it was heavily rain. After I read this book, I found why the last leaf did’t fall.   When I know the reason I was deeply touched. I strongly recommend this book. I chose this book just because the illustration of the front cover was strange and odd, but the all stories in this book were very good. I want to read another book written by the same author and Japanese version of this book. However there were few illustrations in this, so someone maybe understand these situations hardly.


O, Henry. (2005). The Last Leaf and Other Stories. Oxford;UK. Macmillan.






「The Last Leaf and Other Stories 本」の画像検索結果

















コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Umbrella

HENRY AND MUDGE and the Tall Tree House

Les Mise'rables