The Happy Prince and The Nightingale and the Rose

Swallow,Swallow, little Swallow, bring her the ruby out of my sword! I am s statue and I cannot move. (P, 16)


     Happy Prince was a statue made of ruby, sapphire, gold foil and so on. He always thought about the poor in his town, so he asked a Swallow to deliver the part of his body the poor. Finally, because of this, the Swallow was very tired and dead, and Happy Prince who lost all jewelry was pulled down by the people in the town.
     I learned the author, Oscar Wilde, in the history of English literature class, so I tried to choose this book. When I read, I found this was the story that I had read before in Japanese. I was so surprised because the book which I read in my childhood was written by him. I was moved by their kindness and proud of their self-sacrifice. On the other hands, I became very sad when I read the scene the statue of Happy Prince was destroyed by inconsiderate people. I found it is important to think about other’s happiness and act willingly. This was a very good book.

O, Wilde. (2007). The Happy Prince and The Nightingale and the Rose. Oxford;UK. Helbling.



「The Happy Prince and The Nightingale and the Rose 本」の画像検索結果

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Les Mise'rables

HENRY AND MUDGE and the Tall Tree House