Dangerous Journey

'You get in now, Manuel,' said Leon. 'I'm going last.' 
'No, you're not,' Manuel replied. 'Your arm is broken. you can't get into the boat alone. You need help. I'll help you.'  (p,22)


Leon, Manuel, Pedro and Joe were working in a forest  to look for iron and other metals. Leon was the boss of the team and he wanted to get back to base because it was likely to rain, but they couldn't because Joe and Pedro were still in the forest. Unfortunately it began to rain and the ground became very muddy, so the truck on which they  were stopped. When they managed to push the truck, Leon's right arm was broken. They had many trouble sometimes, but after the accident they helped each other. This is the quote which I chose from my best memorable scene. I was moved because they thought about each other even though they had an argument. After I read this book, I learned that troubles make the team's bond stronger and cooperating is the best way to solve the problems. This book is short and written with very easy English. And some pages were written in the form of comics, so you can enjoy reading. If you don't get along with your friend now, you should read this book.


Cox, A. (2005). Dangerous journey. Oxford, UK: Macmillan Readers.

「Dangerous Journey」の画像検索結果

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Les Mise'rables

HENRY AND MUDGE and the Tall Tree House