The Umbrella

"Keep my red umbrella. I like this umbrella. It's a lucky umbrella. This is my lucky day!'
(p, 16)

     Carla bought  a red umbrella which cost ten dollars for seven dollars, so she said "This is my lucky day!"  Then she went  to a cake shop. However her smart umbrella was stolen by a woman while she bought some cakes. She got angry and said "It is not my lucky day!" When she walked to the town square, a young man whose mane was Paul spoke to her. She walked away quickly because she didn't know who he is. In fact, he met up the woman who stole Carla's umbrella and thought Carla was the woman. Thanks to these accidents, Carla and Paul drank coffee together and got along with. Carla said "This is my lucky day!" again. 
     Stealing something is very bad behavior no matter what. It makes people sad or angry . However, in this story, Carla finally became happy. This is my favorite point of this book. When I saw the title of this book at first, I thought this is a book about umbrellas. So I was surprised at the unpredictable content of this book. This is a very funny book, but very short. If you want to enjoy reading, it won't be suitable for you.


Harris, C. (2003). The Umbrella. Macmillan Readers. Oxford:UK.
「The Umbrella」の画像検索結果




コメント

  1. whose mane was Paul
    whose name was Paul

    Macmillan Readers. Oxford:UK
    Oxford, UK: Macmillan.

    and got along with
    and got along well

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Les Mise'rables

HENRY AND MUDGE and the Tall Tree House