Different WORLDS

Until I  first saw him, I didn't think very often about being deaf. It's all I've ever known, and I can't do anything to change it. And all of my boyfriends have been deaf. But after I saw the young man, I wanted to be like most other people. I didn't want to be different. (p,11)


     This is thye story about deaf girl. Sam. One day she fall in love with Jim who works at the shop near her house. Few weeks later, they meet at their friend's party and love in each other. However, Sam is told that Jim is a musician by his ex-girlfriend. Sam is shocked she didn't know the fact and thinks Jim didn't tell her because she is deaf...
     After I reading this book, I thought a girls in love tand to lose confidence and feel fear, especially if thgey have disability. It is natural for them to hope not being different from other people. If I were Sam, I would be shoked like her although Jim didn't intend so. This book told me the emotion of the girl with disability and the way to built a strong relationships between disabled people and healthy people. If you want to know what happened after their trouble, please read this book.


Margaret, Johnson. (2003).  Different WORLDS. UK. CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS




Different WORLDS に対する画像結果

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Les Mise'rables

HENRY AND MUDGE and the Tall Tree House